The Top 10 Compliance Topics of 2021
This free COLP resource is an overview of December’s monthly compliance webinar from the Jonathon Bray team. Sign up to our newsletter for invitations to future events.
We called it “The Final Count Down” of 2021’s hot compliance issues. Here are the 10:
- Client money and using the client account as a banking facility
- Junior lawyer strike-offs
- Access to legal services
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- NDAs and sexual misconduct
- Cyber risks
SRA Risk Outlook 2021-2022
The SRA Risk Outlook 2021-2022 (‘What is the new normal? Challenges and opportunities for law firms after the lockdowns’), was launched in time for the annual SRA Compliance Conference.
In this post we look at:
- What is the SRA Risk Outlook?
- What does it say?
- Who should read the report?
News and Guidance
- Updated guidance: Making decisions to investigate concerns
- SRA Compliance Conference 2021: If you didn’t make it to the live event in Birmingham, the SRA has kindly provided recordings and bonus Q&A content on its YouTube channel. Highly recommended watching:
It’s time to update your firm-wide risk assessment (FWRA)
Join us on 19 January at 12.00pm, when we will be delving into the practical aspects of FWRAs, including:
- what type of risks need to be included
- what type of mitigations can work
- how to effectively use a template, and
- tying in client and matter risk assessments and your AML policy